Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Big Girl Bed...

A mommy has mixed emotions when her little girl is grown up enough for a Big Girl Bed. There's amazement that the little one is growing up so fast, joy in the little person she's becoming, longing for the itty bitty she once was, and a little sad the cuddle bug has been outgrown. But I must admit I was really excited to find the perfect headboard, go to the hardware store to buy what was needed to convert the very old headboard to the size of a modern twin and drill, bolt and put it all together for my little princess. It took weeks of hunting for the headboard, lots of measuring, planning and shopping for the perfect parts, and even more hours of making it all happen.

So you'll all completely understand how my heart jumped when I found my little princess enjoying the fruits of my labor!



Oh yeah... Big girls can climb out of big girl beds and fall asleep by their door calling for more bottle. Snap.

No comments: