Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Snuddle...

There really is nothing better in the world than to snuggle with a little baby.  Ever since Ava was born, she hasn't been much for snuggling.  About a week ago she wasn't feeling so hot, and she really liked to be comforted.  So I'd rock her in her chair in the middle of the night to try and put her back to sleep.  It was heaven, I tell you!

Well tonight while I was tucking her in, she gave me a big hug and as I told her I loved her, she whispered, "Mom?  Will you snuddle me?"  I almost couldn't believe what I heard, so I asked her again, "You want mom to snuggle you?"  "Yes."  You don't have to ask me twice!  I swooped her up and we spent the next 15 minutes rocking in her chair, talking, reading stories and having her lay her head on my shoulder and wrap her tiny little arms around my neck.  It was a little piece of heaven on earth.  Its tiny little moments like these that melt away the hard days and long nights.  I live for my kids and for the moments that take my breathe away!

No comments: