Monday, August 27, 2007

Matthew's First Day of First Grade

It was a big day for Matthew last Tuesday. It was his first day of First Grade! He has been so excited to ride the school bus TO and FROM school, so he was anxious to get out the door. After taking the required photos (I'm a sucker for pictures!), I walked him to the bus stop. I was "welcomed" to the bus stop by the other moms as we waited. Just before the kids got on the bus, I told Matthew to turn around as he climbed on so I could get a picture, but he didn't and I didn't get the shot in time, so I just climbed on the bus and took one of him on the bus! The bus driver, who lives right across the street from us, offered to let me ride in with him, but I had to get to work. So off he went! I cannot believe he is old enough to go to First Grade! Time is amazingly fast, you know?!

This is Mom, trying too hard to "pose" the shot.
I just told him to turn around and look at me, and this is what I got! :)

Say goodbye, nerdy Daddy! Ben thinks I take too many
pictures, so he thinks it's funny to make weird faces. Goofball!

Walkin' to the bus stop.

All the kids at Matthew's stop.

The "on the bus" shot. Will I stop at nothing
to get a good photo? I might be obsessed.

Bye, Buddy! Have a great first day!!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

SO CUTE TAMI! The last picture is priceless!!!!!! I can't believe you weren't bawling like a baby!!

Steve and Megan said...

Congrats to Matthew! He is such a cute kid. I too am suprised you weren't crying! Way to be strong, Mom!